A LOT of changes have been going on around our home! Both Tammy and I were "let go" from our jobs at Dakota Arms in November. Needless to say the holiday season was a little stressful. But then they were also really nice. We've always heard that "things happen for a reason", and "better things will come along". I have to agree with both statements. I have changed jobs and went a totally different "career" path. I am now working in retail. This is something I would have never have thought about doing. But, when you are on unemployment and you have to look for a job you seem to apply for just about anything.
The craft store, Michaels, was opening up a brand new store in Rapid City so both Tammy and I went to the job fair they were holding. I went in just applying for "a" job. My interview went really well and I ended up getting a second interview. The second one went even better and I found out that they were looking at me for one of the management positions! After my second interview I had a phone interview with the district manager and the week before Christmas I found out that I had gotten the job!!!! I am the Department Manager of Operations..........I work directly under the Store Manager and have a lot of the same resposibilities. It is an awesome opportunity for me to get a lot of good experience! The people at the store and all the people I have met with, and worked with (so far) from corporate and the district are great!
Our brand new store....The day we opened.
Tammy also got hired on at Michaels. She was hired into the replenishment team, but has since been moved into the position of Support Specialist. Her main responsibilities involve the cash office and balancing the registers. She also has a lot to do with other office duties. This is a huge change for her, but she is learning a lot and gaining a lot of great experience. The only downfall to this position is that it is only a part time position. So she is still looking for work.
Kristy has finished her first semester as a junior! She only has three semesters left of high school. Of course she passed all her classes with "A's"! She also got her first car!!!! She is now the proud owner of a 2003 Hyundai Elantra. She is such a great kid! She is keeping very busy with school and planning the Prom. She is also doing a lot of activities with her church group.
Kristy and her new car!
Kyle was just promoted to the rank of Sergent in the South Dakota National Guard. I am very proud of him. He is also back in school at Black Hills State University in Spearfish.
Sara, Brad and Emmalyn are all doing well. Sara was able to attend a two week Forensic Photography Course at the FBI Academy in Virginia. She had a great time. Emmalyn is growing like a weed and is getting so big and grown up. I only wish we could see them more often.
One more bit of news----I traded in my 97 Olds for a 2007 Chevy Cobalt!!! I decided I needed a car that got a little better gas milage, since I have to drive to Rapid City for work. I got a great deal and I love my new car!!!
Here are a couple pictures....
1 comment:
Awesome. enjoy the new job. it sounds like a great opportunity.
Post a Comment